Why do I have to pay an Entry Fee?
- YOUR BID IS NOT BINDING.
Unlike other auctions if you win the bidding, you DO NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH with your offer.
- NO BUYER OR SELLER COMMISSION
Unlike other auctions, we do not add a buyer commission or a seller commission, nor do we charge hidden VAT. You simply pay for the item to be delivered to you.
- WE PURCHASE THE ITEMS OURSELVES.
In practice, most of our Lots go for *substantially* below what they are actually worth, and most customers secure the option of a serious bargain. (see Results).
So the entry fee is a contribution towards our operating costs (media and promotion, design, sourcing, bid processing, fulfilment, fixed costs etc.) and it sometimes goes towards any loss we might make on the proceeds from the winning bids. In the case of Low Bid auctions, we expect to earn a margin of 33% on top of the cost of the item to cover our operating and promotional cost and we earn that almost entirely from entry fees.
Can I see the current highest bid?
- No, sorry, but you can't! This is a 'sealed bid' auction and not being able to see the bids is part of the game, as it were.
- Not seeing each other's bids makes bidding much simplerand more convenientfor you because it means you don't need to keep revisiting the website to check the bidding.
- So just take a chance and make an offer at whatever it's worth to you. All offers will be compared on the closing date. Highest offers win in our High Bid auction! Lowest unique bid wins in the Low Bid auction.
Are any of the Lots second hand?
- No, everything in our auctions is brand new and completely unused, unless otherwise stated.
Is there an age restriction for bidding?
- Yes, you need to be over 18 years old.
If I do make a bid, what commitment am I making?
- You are committing to pay the entry fee only.
- You will not be held to the sum you bid.
How many bids can I make?
- You may make as many bids as you wish in our High Bid auction and there are stipulated limits on each Lot in the Low Bid auctions.
May I bid on the same item twice?
What happens if there are two identical highest bids?
- In this case we will award the Lot to the bid received first. We recommend that you include pence as well as £ in your bid in order to minimise the chances of this happening.
Is the bidding restricted?
- Our auctions are open to anyone over the age of 18.
How will I know if my bid wins?
- If your bid is successful, first we will contact you by email and then, if you have provided us with a phone number, we will phone you.
How can I find out the results?
- Check out your "My Bids" page on your pages on this website, 24 hours after the closing date, to see the results. All your bids are recorded and their current status will display win, rejected, missed, not the highest etc. They will then be updated as information becomes available until the final result has been established.
What happens if my bid wins?
- We will contact you to let you know that you now have the right to buy the item you have bid for at the price you have offered. We will answer any further questions you may have about the item and we will then ask you if you wish to go through with your offer. If you do wish to go ahead, we will confirm your delivery requirements and then ask you how you would like to pay. You will have five days to complete the payment.
How can I pay?
- If you are lucky enough to win your bidding, you may pay for credit or debit card or if you prefer by cheque or bank transfer. All transactions will be in £ sterling. Other methods may be possible by arrangement with Auctionair.
When will you contact me?
- We will notify all the highest bidders immediately when the Auction closes. However, it is possible that some of these bidders will not complete, so you may hear from us any time up to two weeks after the closing date.
What if I am away or unavailable?
- Please make certain you give us all your correct contact details at the closing date and for the following two weeks. We will use our best endeavours to reach you using all the contact details you have given us, as well as attempting other means to find you. If you are the winning bidder, we cannot guarantee to give you more than 24 hours to respond and decide (and five days to complete payment).
Can I change my contact details?
- Yes, you can log in and amend the details on your account page or alternatively call the Service Centre to let us know.
||+44 (0) 1926 642 340
What happens if I change my mind?
- No problem. You can withdraw your bid at any time until you confirm that you wish to acquire the item.
If I change my mind and cancel a bid I have won, will I get my entry fee back?
- If you cancel your bid within seven days of submitting it, we will refund your entry fee. If you withdraw any time after this, we will not refund your entry fee.
Do warranties and quality guarantees apply?
- Although we operate under auction rules and take no responsibility for the items you have acquired, we do pass on to you the benefit of any manufacturers' or suppliers' guarantees in respect of any items you have secured through us. (Please refer to our Terms and Conditions.)
What happens if I live outside the UK?
- No problem. We can arrange delivery or fulfilment (if, for example, you have bid for a holiday) to your chosen address.
- You are free to choose any method of delivery you like. Costs for delivery and any local taxes or import duties will be passed to the winning bidder.
When will I receive my item and is there a delivery charge?
- We will arrange the fastest delivery method to suit your needs, depending on where you live. Delivery costs are additional, unless otherwise stated and will be quoted to you before you commit to your winning bid.
SECURITY: Will my card details be secure ?
- Yes. Bidding on this site is safe because all the information you supply is highly protected.
- We encrypt your bidding information using SSL and industrial strength security measures to ensure that your personal information is safe.
- Technical details:
We are running Stronghold with 128-bit encryption and SSL v.3.0, fully certificated by Comodo CA Ltd.. http://www.comodo.com (more)
How is Auctionair funded?
Who are the directors?
- The directors of the company are:
Albert Scardino (Chairman)
Duncan Hilleary (Chief Executive)
Adrian Cox (Non-executive Director)
Antonio Soler (Non Executive Director)
Who are the management team?
Duncan Hilleary (Chief Executive)
Alec Shaw Stewart (Director of e-Commerce)
Phil Kempson (Customer Relationship Manager)
Rebecca Healey (Retail and Procurement Manager)
Jill Crawley (Customer Services Manager)
What is the company address?
|| +44 (0) 1926 642 340
|| +44 (0) 1926 642 535