- Eleven nights in India, seven stunning hotels, game drives and sightseeing tours stretching from Mumbai to Delhi – via the Taj Mahal at sunrise…
Sounds like a list of experiences most people couldn’t hope to achieve in a lifetime – but not you. You could do it all in one trip with this brand new India Wildlife Tour package from TWX.
- You’ll spend your first two nights in a Deluxe Room at Taj Land’s End – not a bad way to start any holiday! – in the heart of Mumbai; India’s most affluent city and the capital city of Maharashtra State.
- From the Gateway of India to Marine Drive, the sea-front Boulevard, you will be also driven along Malabar Hill and Hanging Gardens before continuing to Mani Bhawan on your half-day sigh-seeing tour of Mumbai city...
Then, the following morning, it’s off to Nagpur. To get there, you will fly from Mumbai airport and transferred to The Baghvan in Pench National Park.
- In the safe hands of the expert guides, some of whom with up to 30 years of experience, you’ll head out early to encounter tigers, reptiles, amphibians and over 170 varieties of birds in Pench National Park’s 758km2 of Southern Indian tropical forest.
- Once returned to the hotel for breakfast (we said it was early!), you’ll be transferred to your next location, the Banjar Tola Hotel in Kanha.
After an overnight rest in your Cottage, there are morning and afternoon game viewings to look forward to around Kanha Park - the setting of the Jungle Book.
- And while we can’t promise singing bears and scheming snakes, you can expect a great diversity of wildlife, including the Indian Bison and Dholes - the Indian Wild Dog – and Swamp Deer.
- Kanha is also considered one of Asia's finest protected areas, and one of the best places in the world to view tigers in the wild.
- The following day, it’s off for two nights at Mahua Kothi – and game drives around the reserve named after the highest hill in the state of Madhya Pradesh, Bandhavgarh.
- Known for the highest density of tigers in the world and set in rugged terrain with many hills, you stand a good chance of seeing the Lord of the Indian Jungle, the tiger, as well as leopards, sloth bears, deer, antelope and wild pigs.
- Your next stop will be a Deluxe Room at The Radisson in Khajuraho, home of the famed erotic stone carved temples, for one night.
- Most of the temples of the north were destroyed by invaders, but Khajuraho escaped and stands today as an island of beauty. Architecturally unique, Khajuraho is not a place done justice by words - it has to be experienced.
- You’ll round off your trip with one night at The Gateway Hotel in Agra – with a half-day sightseeing tour of the city renowned for its architectural wonders and monuments, the greatest of which being the Taj Mahal, where you’ll enjoy a sunrise tour and unique view of one of the world’s most iconic buildings...
...Before taking in a full-day sightseeing tour of Delhi and ending with two nights at Delhi's Taj Palace.
Bid now for this quintessential wildlife tour of India…
Closing date for this auction:
1200 hours (UK Time)
29 August 2012
Boring but important:
- This Lot is an 11-night India Wildlife Tour for two people.
- 11 Nights accommodation on twin share basis
- 2 nights at Taj Land’s End in Mumbai (Deluxe room, bed and breakfast basis)
- 1 night at The Baghvan in Pench (Cottage, full board basis)
- 2 nights at Banjar Tola in Kanha Cottage, full board basis)
- 2 nights at Mahua Kothi in Bandhavgarh (Cottage, full board basis)
- 1 night at Radisson, Khajuraho (Deluxe room, bed and breakfast basis)
- 1 night at The Gateway Hotel in Agra (Superior Taj Facing Room, bed and breakfast basis)
- 2 nights at Taj Palace in Delhi (Deluxe room, bed and breakfast basis)
- Half day sightseeing tour of Mumbai
- 1 game drive in Pench
- 3 game drives in Kanha National Park
- 3 game drives in Bandhavgarh National Park
- Half day sightseeing tour of Khajuraho Temples
- Sunrise visit to Taj Mahal
- Half day sightseeing tour of Agra
- Full day sightseeing tour of Delhi
- Services of local English speaking guide for all sightseeing tours as per the itinerary
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions will be by an air-conditioned Toyota Innova (or similar) vehicle
- Entrance fees to the park, road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges, interstate taxes and porterage at all airports
- TWX representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers with meet and assist
- All currently applicable taxes
- Expenses of personal nature
- Meals other than those specified
- Any insurance
- Any visa fees
- Pushkar Fair, Christmas and New Year Period for Travelling
- Any air-fare unless mentioned
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusion
- This package is valid until 30th June 2013, strictly subject to availability and blackout dates.
- Surcharges are applicable for booking made during peak periods
- Cancellation charges will be applicable if a reservation is confirmed and later cancelled.
- We strongly recommend that all our customers take out comprehensive insurance prior to any travel.
- UK and EC citizens require a visa to visit India. You are responsible for obtaining these yourselves but we will of course provide any guidance or assistance you may require
- Hotel check-in & check-out time is usually 1200 Hrs except for Taj and Oberoi properties where check-in time is 1400 Hrs and check-out is at 1200 Hrs;
Prices especially air fares are subject to revision
- In case of any currency fluctuations or amendments to local Government taxes, or any fuel price rises, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly
- All the hotels and room categories are yet to be booked. Any change in hotel or room category may attract a supplement in the tour cost
- Rate quoted above includes only those items as specified in the above inclusion column
- Quote is valid only for the above mentioned period
- For game drives we will require passport details of the guests, at the time of processing the booking
- Game drives are closed on Wednesday
- Day 01: Arrive Mumbai. On arrival, meet TWX representative and transfer to Taj Land’s End. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Taj Land’s End.
- Day 02: Breakfast at Taj Land’s End. AM sightseeing tour of Mumbai. PM at leisure. Overnight at Taj Land’s End.
- Day 03: Tea / coffee at Taj Land’s End. AM transfer to Mumbai domestic airport for flight to Nagpur. Arrive Nagpur and transfer to The Baghvan in Pench National Park. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at The Baghvan.
- Day 04: AM (before breakfast) game drive in Pench National Park. Breakfast at The Baghvan. AM transfer to Banjar Tola in Kanha. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at Banjar Tola.
- Day 05: AM and PM game viewing around Kanha National Park. Overnight at Banjar Tola.
- Day 06: AM (before breakfast) game viewing in Kanha National Park. Breakfast at Banjar Tola. AM transfer to Mahua Kothi in Bandhavgarh. Late buffet lunch at Mahua Kothi. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at Mahua Kothi.
- Day 07: AM and PM game drives in Bandhavgarh National Park. Overnight at Mahua Kothi.
- Day 08: AM (before breakfast) game drive in Bandhavgarh National Park. Transfer to Radisson, Khajuraho. PM sightseeing tour of Khajuraho. Overnight at Radisson, Khajuraho.
- Day 09: Buffet breakfast at Radisson, Khajuraho. Train to Agra and transfer to The Gateway Hotel. Rest of the day at leisure.
- Day 10: Early AM sunrise tour of Taj Mahal, Breakfast at The Gateway Hotel, Agra. AM sightseeing tour of Agra. PM transfer to Taj Palace in Delhi. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at Taj Palace in Delhi.
- Day 11: Full-day sightseeing tour of Delhi. Transfer to Delhi International Airport for onward flight.
N.B. There is a Secret Price above which all bids for this Lot will be accepted.
Closing date for this auction:
1200 hours (UK Time)
29 August 2012