- The romance and history of Rajasthan... fused with all the modern day extravagances your heart desires.
- Live like a rajah for thirteen nights as you journey from Delhi to Mandawa, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Rohet, Jaipur, Agra and finally back to Delhi. This is an opportunity to truly experience the incredible Rajasthan region of India.
- Explore Old Delhi and New – from the Raj Ghat, a simple memorial to Mahatma Ghandi to the red fort, one of India's favoured tourist destinations. Here you will be staying at the 5-star Sheraton New Delhi.
- The tour to New Delhi will include a visit to the Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb and a drive past the imposing India Gate, the Parliament building and the Rastrapathi Bhawan, the President’s residence. Here you will have the option to enjoy a Tuk Tuk ride in Lutyens Delhi.
- Visit the small and beautiful town of Mandawa in the heart of the Shekhavati region. Known throughout for its wonderful castle and magnificent havelis, Mandawa gives the impression of being in a bygone era.
- From Mandawa travel to Bikaner, a vibrant, dust-swirling desert town with a fabulous fort, a refreshing outpost feel and a burgeoning tourist trade. Close to the fort lies the rickety old walled city, a medieval maze of narrow, dark and uneven streets decorated with rubbish heaps, medicine men, gambling dens, dark-red sandstone havelis and some exquisitely painted Jain temples.
- In Bikaner is the striking Junagarh Fort, around which the modern city built up. The famous Karni Mata temple at Deshnoke, 30 km from Bikaner, in its present form was completed in the early 20th century in the late Mughal style by Maharaja Ganga Singh of Bikaner.
- The next stop is Jaisalmer, its golden beauty etched in yellow sandstone, standing tall against miles of gleaming sand. Very few cities can boast of the magnificence that surrounds Jaisalmer. The (aptly named) Sonar Kila, or Golden Fort, seems to rise out of a desert haze, its walls and bastions taking on a golden hue in the afternoon sun.
- At Jaisalmer awaits the thrill of a dune bashing safari, and later a more sedate tour of the dunes by camel.
- Next up is Rohet, a small hamlet near Jodhpur. En route stop at Jodhpur to visit the famous Mehrangarh Fort, which offers a rich heritage and culture and the thrilling adventure sport of Zip Flying by Fire Fox.
- Next is an excursion to Bishnoi Village by Jeep, to meet the 'Premier ecologists of the world', the Bishnois, who have protected nature for more than 500 years and are responsible for the very survival of species including the Black Buck antelope. This is followed by an evening horse ride in the Rohet countryside.
- After all the excitement why not relax in the Hindu pilgrim centre of Pushkar, with its lake and Brahma temple.
- From Pushkar to Jaipur, capital of Rajasthan province, and “the abode of Rajahs.” Everywhere you will see the monuments of its Mughal rulers. Jaipur is one of the main centres for shopping in India – especially with regard to textiles, jewellery and carpets, so why not enjoy some well-earned retail therapy.
- In Jaipur, visit the Amber Fort - a marvelous example of Rajput architecture with its terraces and ramparts reflected in the Maota Lake below. The Fort can be approached on gaily-caparisoned elephants - true to the style of the Maharajas of the past.
- In Agra the Fatehpur Sikri (ghost capital) is a world heritage building, with its breath taking architecture still in a state of perfect preservation.
- Agra is also the city of the Taj Mahal, perhaps the most photographed monument in the world. However, no matter how many pictures you have seen or no matter how high your expectations are, the Taj never disappoints.
- Next up is Agra Fort, which began its life in the 10th century as a simple mud and brick fortress along the banks of the Yamuna River.
- India is a paradise for architecture buffs, historians, and romantics alike. And it's with all this in mind that this package has been designed for two, sharing great accommodation in extraordinary places.
- This Royal Rajasthan package fuses romance and history with all the modern day conveniences... including expert English speaking guides, meet and greet services and India's leading ground handlers all at your beck and call....
Go on... place a bid and do something really amazing.
Closing date for this auction:
1200 hours (UK Time)
29 August 2012
Boring but important:
This lot is a 13 night Rajasthan Royal Retreat tour of India for two people
- Stay at bed and breakfast plan throughout travel.
- Stay at above mentioned hotel or similar hotel.
- Travel by 01 AC Toyota Indigo
- Tuk Tuk Ride in Delhi, Camel cart in Mandawa, Dune Bashing in Jaisalmer, Zip Flying at Jodhpur, Jeep Safari and Horse Safari at Rohet.
- Assistance at international airport by English Speaking representative.
- English speaking local guide.
- All monument entrance fees.
- All applicable government taxes.
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera / video camera fee at all monuments, medical expenses, airport departure taxes, etc.;
- Meals other than those specified above;
- Any insurance;
- Any air-fare;
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions;
- Rates not valid during New year/Christmas/Pushkar Period.
- This package is valid from 1st October 2012 until 31st March 2013, strictly subject to availability and blackout dates
- A surcharge will be applicable for bookings made during peak periods
- Surcharges can be applicable if there are any sudden changes to fuel prices or, local government taxes or currency fluctuations.
- Cancellation charges will be payable if a reservation is confirmed and later cancelled.
- We strongly recommend that all our customers take out comprehensive insurance prior to embarking on any travel.
DAY 01 – ARRIVE – DELHI
DAY 02 – DELHI
DAY 03 – DELHI – MANDAWA
DAY 04 – MANDAWA
DAY 05 – MANDAWA – BIKANER
DAY 06 – BIKANER
DAY 07 – BIKANER – JAISALMER
DAY 08 – JAISALMER
DAY 09 – JAISALMER – ROHET
DAY 10 – ROHET
DAY 11 – ROHET – JAIPUR
DAY 12 – JAIPUR
DAY 13 – JAIPUR – AGRA
DAY 14 – AGRA – DELHI
NIGHT 01 – SHERATON NEW DELHI OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 02 – SHERATON NEW DELHI OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 03 – CASTLE MANDAWA OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 04 – CASTLE MANDAWA OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 05 – LALGARH PALACE OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 06 – LALGARH PALACE OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 07 – FORT RAJWADA OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 08 – FORT RAJWADA OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 09 – ROHETGARH OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 10 – ROHETGARH OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 11 – ALSISAR HAVELI OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 12 – ALSISAR HAVELI OR SIMILAR
NIGHT 13 – RADISSON OR SIMILAR
N.B. There is a Secret Price above which all bids for this Lot will be accepted.
Closing date for this auction:
1200 hours (UK Time)
29 August 2012