This extensive journey for two includes: flights and transfers in India,
sightseeing tours, specialist meals and much more - read on for more delicious detail...
- Now for something truly tasty: 12 nights exploring India and sampling the very best culinary delights of the subcontinent at the same time.
- This exceptional tour will take two of you right around northern India, exploring the extraordinarily diverse cultures and sights of each region while celebrating the food.
…What better way can there be to really get to know a country than by eating the food and soaking up the atmosphere?
- Throughout the tour you will be met and greeted by expert drivers and guides from top India operators TWX - and enjoy the comforts of a selection of excellent hotels in the Taj Group.
- Starting in Delhi, you will see all the highlights of Old and New Delhi and take a day excursion to Agra to visit the exquisite Taj Mahal.
- Dine first at Bukhara, one of the Top 50 Restaurants in the World and the finest restaurant in Asia by Restaurants magazine, to sample true Indian cuisine from the tandoor.
- There'll also be a traditional dinner at The Imperial Hotel's acclaimed Spice Route restaurant - regarded by Condé Nast as one of the Top 10 Restaurants in the World.
- On your fifth day, you'll fly off to Mumbai to explore that young, vibrant city.
…Again, you'll be taken to see all the famous sights while getting the chance to sample the delicacies Mumbai is famous for.
- A sumptuous dinner awaits at Mumbai's first and original Manglorean seafood restaurant Mahesh, renowned for its crab, prawn gassi and black pomfret curries.
- Then there'll be a lunch at Mumbai's famous Chetna vegetarian restaurant - a favourite with the elite of Mumbai… which is, of course, why it's been selected for you.
- After Mumbai, your next destination is Hyderabad - another spell-binding metropolis - to visit ancient monuments, gaze across wonderful vistas from marble temples and shop and marvel and shop some more at the fabulous Laad (or Choodi) Bazaar.
…Look out for gorgeous bangles, semi-precious stones, pearls, saris, brocade, and so much more…
- Then there's the eats:
- ...First up, there's a delicious lunch at Serenity restaurant - famous for their Hyderabadi cusiine. For dinner, you will be taken to romantic Paradise for a Chowki dinner, served in typical Nawabi style, where authentic Hyderabadi food is served course by course at a low table… or, rather, chowki.
- Finally, your journey draws to an end in Kolkata, with its Jain and Kali temples, splendid Victoria Memorial, colonial architecture… And home to a variety of cuisine: Bengali, Northern Province specialities, flavours from the Raj era, French, Chinese and Thai.
- You will be treated to lunch at Ivory Kitchen - one of the best places to savour North Indian delicacies and favourite eating place of the Governor… and Bill Clinton when he visited this part of the world.
- The restaurant's shady interior boasts some magnificent Buddhist sculptures and waterfall too. Oh Calcutta! Restaurant is a perfect place to sample traditional Bengali cuisine while the strong Chinese influences of Kolkata can be sampled at your dinner at Tung Fang.
- To top it all off, your last dinner will have you feasting at either the Haveli or Sigree restaurants - both designed to take you on an exciting culinary journey, perfectly rounding off your voyage through India's many and varied gastronomic delights.
Bid now for this truly mouth-watering Indian adventure!
Closing date for this auction:
1200 hours (UK Time)
13 August 2012
Boring but important:
- This Lot is a 12-night culinary tour of Northern India, with sightseeing, for two people
- 12 night’s accommodation on double/twin sharing basis at the hotels mentioned above or similar
- Meal plan is on bed & breakfast basis throughout PLUS the following meals:
- Dinner at Bukhara ( ITC Maurya Sheraton ) on Day 02
- Dinner at Spice Route Hotel Imperial on Day 03
- Lunch at Khyber Restaurant and Dinner at Mahesh Sea Food Restaurant on Day 05
- Lunch at Chetna Restaurant on Day 06
- Lunch at Serenity Restaurant and Dinner at Paradise Restaurant on Day 09
- Lunch at Ivory Kitchen and Dinner at Tung Fang on Day 11
- Lunch at OH Calcutta and Dinner at Haveli or Sigree Restaurant on Day 12
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours in air-conditioned transportation. Entrance fee at all the monuments (one time visit only)
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges, Interstate taxes, porterage at all hotels and airports.
- Services of an English-speaking local guide will be provided during sightseeing & excursion tours.
- Cooking demonstration with a local family in Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata
- TWX representative for assistance during arrival and departure transfers.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- International flights, and any additional flights or transfers other than those during the itinerary and as stipulated above
- Items of a personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses etc.
- Meals other than those specified above
- Any Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned above
- This package is valid until 30th September 2013, strictly subject to availability and blackout dates
- A surcharge will be applicable for bookings made during peak periods
- Surcharges can be applicable if there are any sudden changes to fuel prices or, local government taxes or currency fluctuations.
- Cancellation charges will be payable if a reservation is confirmed and later cancelled.
- We strongly recommend that all our customers take out comprehensive insurance prior to embarking on any travel.
- DAY 01: ARRIVE DELHI
- DAY 02: / 03 DELHI
- DAY 04: DELHI - AGRA - DELHI (BY ROAD TRANSFER)
- DAY 05: DELHI - MUMBAI (BY NATIONAL FLIGHT)
- DAY 06 / 07: MUMBAI
- DAY 08: MUMBAI - HYDERABAD (BY NATIONAL FLIGHT)
- DAY 09: HYDERABAD
- DAY 10: HYDERABAD - KOLKATA (BY NATIONAL FLIGHT)
- DAY 11 / 12: KOLKATA
- DAY 13: DEPARTURE KOLKATA
- This is the accommodation upon which the itinerary has been designed. (Please note: if this accommodation is not available at time of reservation, an alternative will be offered. Adjustments in cost (either way) will be made where necessary):
- Delhi - Taj Palace – Deluxe Room - 4 nights
- Mumbai - Taj Mahal (Tower wing ) – Superior City View Room - 3 nights
- Hyderabad - Taj Banjara - Superior Room - 2 nights
- Kolkata - Taj Bengal - Deluxe Room - 3 nights
- "Trip was ABFAB and TWX equally so, wrote them a very nice thank you complimenting them on the perfect service. Trip was the best ever, still miss India. I just love the place and the people, we had a wonderful time!" (Pascale Adriaens, March 2012)
N.B. There is a Secret Price above which all bids for this Lot will be accepted.
Closing date for this auction:
1200 hours (UK Time)
13 August 2012