And the award for the Lot visited and loved by literally 100s of Auctionair bidders goes to...
Madrid: city of culture, flamenco, bull fighting and wild nightlife… this place has it all. So why not take a trip to Mercure's Madrid Plaza de Espana hotel, and experience it for yourself?
The hotel is conveniently placed right in the middle of the historic and business district, so you're mere minutes from everything.
A delightful buffet breakfast is included in your stay – as you know, you'll need it to keep your strength up for all the things that a city like Madrid has to offer!
The trip also includes two passes to two of the main three museums. Perhaps start with a visit to the Prado art museum, home to works by Velazquez and El Greco… Or how about a trip to the Palacio Real, an Italianate Baroque masterpiece which has over 2,800 rooms?
But, if you're not such a culture-vulture, don't feel left out – no way, José!! Madrid is home to:
- World-class shopping from Armani to Louis Vuitton
- Huge markets and lots of antique shops, something to suit every taste (even the pickiest of shoppers)
- Delicious food, like traditional Valencian paella, fresh seafood, chorizo accompanied, of course, by a large jug of sangria (well, it'd be rude not to!)
As for entertainment… let it be known that Madrilenos take enjoying themselves very seriously – why not let your hair down and join them? There are literally hundreds of bars and nightclubs – not to mention flamenco shows, theatres and live spectacles like bull-fighting (perhaps for the more strong-stomached visitor).
And when you can party no longer, head back to the hotel where you'll be spoiled rotten by the staff and treated in the manner to which you're accustomed. In fact, those kind people at Mercure Plaza de Espana have said that if they possibly can, they'll give you a free room upgrade too!
- So if it's partying till dawn or watching the world go by that you're after, get the VIP treatment and bid here! Olé!
Boring but important:
- This Lot is a weekend for two at the Mercure Plaza de Espana hotel, Madrid.
- Two nights for two people sharing double or twin accommodation.
- Standard room accommodation – with complimentary room upgrade, subject to availability.
- Daily buffet breakfasts.
- Two entrance tickets to two of the three main museums (the Prado Museum, the Reina Sofia Modern Art Museum and The Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum).
- Flights and transfers not included.
- Items of a personal nature, including gratuities, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Meals and beverages other than those listed above.
- Subject to availability, valid until 10 January 2011 on weekends only.
- Dates beyond this time will be available but may be subject to a surcharge.
- Fees will be charged if a reservation is confirmed and later cancelled.
- Additional nights may be available – contact the Auctionair Team for further information.
- PLEASE NOTE: While the hotel's name is Mercure Madrid Plaza de Espana, the hotel's actual address is:
Calle de Tutor 1, Esquina Ventura Rodriguez, Madrid.
*** This lot now closed for bidding ***